Institute for Social and Economic
Research, Columbia University
Web-Pages Devoted to Great Sociologists
Departments of SociologyFor a very complete
listing, go to the WWW
AfricaWWW Virtual Library:
Asia and Oceania
Central AmericaWWW Virtual Library:
Sociology: Institutions: Central America
Library: Sociology: Institutions: Europe
Middle EastWWW Virtual Library:
Sociology: Institutions: Middle East
Libary: Sociology: Institutions: Canada
Library: Sociology: Institutions: Mexico
WWW Virtual Library:
Sociology: Institutions: United States
South AmericaWWW Virtual Library:
Sociology: Institutions: South America
Mailing Lists : As I
don't subscribe to many of these, please let me
know if any of them are defunct!
- The Journal of World-Systems Research: send a message to
firstname.lastname@example.org: "subscribe wsn <your e-mail address>". The Journal's Archive
- The Progressive Sociologists Network: send a message to
email@example.com "subscribe psn <your_name>". The PSN Archive
- The Communication Research and Theory Network: send a message to
firstname.lastname@example.org: "subscribe CRTnet <your_name>".
- SOCBB- information for sociologists in the UK: send e-mail to
- Social Theory: send a message to email@example.com: "join
- Rural Sociology: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org:
"subscribe rursoc-l <your_name>".
- SOS-DATA: NewsNet: bit.listserv.sos-data
or send a message to email@example.com: "subscribe sos-data <your_name>".
- Public Opinion Research (POR): send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org:
"subscribe por <your_name>".
- Socgrads: send a message to email@example.com "sub <your e-mail
- Newsletter of the European Sociological Association: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org "join
european-sociologist <first_name> <last_name>".
- OIC - the Organizational
Issues Clearinghouse: send a message to email@example.com
"subscribe oic <your_name>".
- ASQ, Administrative Science Quarterly listserver: send a message to ASQ@umich.edu , first line: <your e-mail address>,
second line: <your name and affiliation>. The ASQ
- Econsoc: send a messages to majordomo@uclink4.Berkeley.EDU
- Symbolic Interaction: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org "subscribe
interact <your name>".
- TeachSoc: send a message to email@example.com
"subscribe teachsoc <your name>".
- SOCNET: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
"subscribe SOCNET <your name>".
- DAS-L, a list for discussion of Drug and Alcohol Studies: To subscribe
to DAS-L, send a message to: email@example.com
"subscribe DAS-L <your e-mail address>".
- The Australian
Sociological Association Email List: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with a blank
subject line and the message "subscribe tasa" on the first line and
"end" on the second line.
- Social-Class: send a message to email@example.com with the message
"SUB SOCIAL-CLASS <firstname> <surname>, <school>".
- Poverty Center Listserv, information about the Northwestern
Universty/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research: send an e-mail message
to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the message "subscribe povcen <your firstname> <your lastname>".
- Nexus: A Newsletter of Social and
- ASA-Methodology Section:
To subscribe, send a message to email@example.com
with the message: "Subscribe asa-methodology".
- SOC, the Sociology
Omnibus Cafe: To subscribe send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the message: subscribe SOC <your firstname> <your lastname>.
- Bourdieu Forum:
To subscribe send a message to email@example.com
with the message: subscribe bourdieu.
- Young Scholars
of the Comparative and International
- Christian Sociology: To subscribe send the message "SUBSCRIBE
christian-sociologist <your firstname> <your lastname>" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
the listserv of the Association of Black
Sociologists: to subscribe send the message "SUB ABSLST-L <your real
name>" to LISTSERV@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU.
- Many listservs associated with H-Net,
Humanities and Social Sciences OnLine
Web-Pages of Paper Journals
Subscribe to JournalMinder to receive
the table of contents of current journals via email
If you or your institution subscribe to JSTOR, back issues of many sociology journals are
available on their site.
NotesUnless otherwise noted in parentheses, the
language employed on a specific site that I have linked to is English. Obviously, the list
is biased towards U.S.-American sites, but I'm eager to include others, as I learn of
them. I have tried to list sites in non-English languages by their native title where ever
it has been accesible to me. Bold letters indicate abbreviations as they are used by the
site in question. This list currently contains 302 links.
AcknowledgmentsKudos and thanks to all
colleagues who maintain similar lists of links (generally listed in the above reference section). I
occasionally browse these colleagues' pages and find links which I had not included myself
before. I hope that these colleagues do the same and thus keep our collective enterprise
Last updated on March 20, 2000
©1994-2000 Julian Dierkes