As crime continues to be a high profile issue troubling politicians, the public and the media alike, the study of criminology has boomed. Providing an international and comparative introduction to the discipline, Criminology: The Basics is an accessible guide to the theoretical and practical approaches to the phenomena of crime. Topics covered in this new edition include:
- challenging myths about crime and offenders
- the search for criminological explanation
- thinking about the victim of crime
- introduction to critical criminology
- crime prevention and the future of crime control
- looking to the future, cultural criminology and terrorism.
Easy to read, concise and supported by a glossary of terms and pointers to further reading, Criminology: The Basics is a perfect introduction to this important and popular subject.